Pages

Friday 16 December 2016

Weekly Activities/ Activity 2 / Day 1

Activity 2:
On Google, research the country that you have chosen to visit and write, in your own words, three interesting facts about that country. They must be facts that weren’t already provided on the World Map.
3 interesting facts about Germany :

  • The capital of Germany is Berlin, it is also known as the biggest city!

  • Did you know that more than 800 million currywurst ( food that most Germans like to eat) are eaten in Germany = each year.   

  • There are Over 100 German people that has won the Nobel prize within their fields! And Albert Einstein is one of them, He was raised in Germany.

6 comments:

  1. GREAT FACTS VON!! spectacular facts! I hope you have a great holiday!

    Regards,Lusia Pahulu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to see your commenting, Lusia. It's awesome!

      Keep up the great work,

      Rachel

      Delete
  2. Hi Von,

    I agree with Lusia. These are spectacular facts. WOW! I had no idea that Germans eat more than 800 million currywurst in a single year. That is a lot of sausage!

    My son, Aronui, loves sausages but I prefer to eat foods like pizza and pasta. What do you like to eat the most?

    I'm looking forward to checking back soon to see what you have written :)

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Von,

    Awesome fact hunting! I had to google what a currywurst was, I'd never heard of it before but they sound delicious! I love travelling to different places and finding new foods to eat. What's one of your favourite foods?

    That's pretty impressive that they have over 100 people winning the Nobel Prize, that is a very prestigious honour! Do you know if anyone from New Zealand has ever won a Nobel Prize?

    It sounds like you are travelling to a place with a lot of history, so you will be learning a lot :-)

    P.S. I really like how you have been commenting on so many of your friends blogs, keep it up Von!

    Cheers,
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Von
    Those facts are really interesting. I never knew that Albert Einstein was born in Germany. Keep up the great work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dan for your comment. I'll be sure to check your work and comment as well.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.