Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Cybersmart

CYBERSMART


  • What it means to be cybersmart and why is it important?

Cybersmart is being safe and smart online. It is important to be cyber smart because it protects you from negative influence happening online and helps you to live a better life.


  • Two things you learned about being cybersmart and how you could apply it to your own life?

Image result for Learned
If I can be more cybersmart then in the future I would probably get a good reputation. I learnt that it’s important not to leave negative comment because if I do I would probably get reported and would be in trouble.

  • A personal strategy a young person can do to help themselves if they are being cyberbullied

Image result for strategy
If I  was being cyberbullied I would go and talk to my mum because she’s the closest person I know. If the situation gets worse then I would report it to do the social worker or the Police.

  • An interpersonal strategy a young person can do to help their friend who is being cyberbullied
Related image
I would stand up for my friend if she is being cyber bullied because no one deserves to be put down or hurt by others though whoever is behind the cyberbully, I would try and talk things out with them.

  • A personal strategy a young person who finds themselves bullying other young people can do to help build their self-esteem and change their behavior


Image result for self esteem

If I put myself in cyberbully shoes, I would appreciate it if others try and communicate with me or even better offer me food.

If I was cyberbullying someone, one strategy I could use is talking to someone about my situation and why I am bullying them online.


  • Tips to give to the year 6s about how they could become cybersmart?
  1. Don’t give out personal information online.
  2. Try not to go on the internet too much.
  3. Report immediately if someone is hacking your social media account.
  4. More importantly please let someone know if your being cyberbullied, the cyberbully would continue if you don’t tell anyone.
  5. If the cyberbully continues then report to the police.


1 comment:

  1. Well done! Voni that's some awesome tips that the year 6 students can definitely benefit from. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.