Pages

Monday 2 January 2017

Weekly Activities/ Day 11/ Activity 2/ Week 3

Activity 2
Write a short paragraph describing your sporting hero. Who is he/she? Why are they your favourite sportsman?
Elena Delle Donne is a Basketball player who plays for the United States.

Elena Delle is 1.96 m tall which is absolutely blow minded. Anyways  Elena Delle is my favourite sportsman because I want be a basketball player just like her and besides basketball is my favourite sport too!

Here a video clip of her doing her special moves and shooting the ball in the hoop!!! = click here



2 comments:

  1. Hi Von,

    Wow, it is absolutely mind blowing that Elena is 1.96 m tall! I have never met anyone who is that tall in my entire life. My sister, Leigh, is 1.8 m tall and I always thought that that was really tall!

    Like you, I also love basketball. I like to watch it whenever I can and I particularly like women's basketball because I used to play the game. In fact, I played basketball from the age of 8 to the age of 19. I then moved away for university and worked with the women's competitive basketball team at my university. I was the athletic therapist for the team so I was responsible for helping them when they became injured. I loved my job! The best part of being the therapist was traveling with the girls and becoming really good friends.

    I hope that you are able to play basketball with your friends as well. Does St Pius X have a basketball team?

    Aronui and I were just talking about starting up a basketball team at his school. He goes to a catholic school in Auckland, just like you!

    Well, I better head away as Aronui wants to go outside and shoot some hoops! He's a basketball fan just like us :)

    Keep up the great work, Von!

    Best,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Von
    It's amazing how Elena is so tall. I don't think I know anyone that's taller. Keep up the awesome work Von.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.