Pages

Thursday 5 January 2017

Weekly Activities/ Day 14/ Activity 1/ Week 3

Activity 1
Here in New Zealand, the prime minister of the country is the Honourable John Key. Imagine that you are Mr. Key and you have the power to create laws (rules) that all people in New Zealand would have to follow. If I (Rachel) were the prime minister I would make a rule that everyone should eat lollies for breakfast. What three (3) rules would you make up if you were the prime minister? On your blog tell us what your three rules would be.

  1. I would make my first rule:  that every schools should have a breakfast club, so kids can have free breakfast every morning
  2. My second rule: is that every cigarette, beer, wine and poisonous stuff should be vanished out of New Zealand
  3. My third rule:  is  to make sure that the owner of houses should make sure that the people living in their houses should keep the house clean...

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora again, Von.

    I really enjoyed your new rules as the PM. I think you're right about the breakfast club, but I also want there to be lunches for students too. When I lived in Korea, the elementary schools I worked at all provided lunch for their students every day and had their own kitchen. Do you think we should have something similar?

    Your second rule is also very cool, however where do we draw the line? Alcohol isn't good for your liver and is linked to lots of negative things like violence and drunk driving, and smoking kills, but what about foods that are bad if not eaten in moderation? Should we get rid of chocolate or candy? McDonalds? KFC? Most fizzy drinks are terrible for us, and even juice has heaps of sugar, yet we still drink them.

    I think you're right about houses. We need not only cleaner houses, but nicer houses. I have lived in lots of old moldy houses and it is unhealthy. We also need lots more apartments in Auckland, so that everyone has a place to live and so house prices are not so high.

    I hope you're enjoying the Summer Learning Journey. I am really enjoying your blogs and think you have done a great job.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Von
    Those three rules on what you would do if you became the Prime Minister are great. Keep up the superb work Von!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.