Pages

Thursday 5 January 2017

Weekly Activities/ Day 14/ Bonus Activity/ Week 3

Bonus Activity
Being the prime minister of a country is a big responsibility. Would you like to be the prime minister of New Zealand one day? On your blog tell us what you think. Would you like to be the prime minister?  Why or why not?

I always dreamt of setting the right decisions and making the world a better place for our people!
Yes it would be an honourable pleasure to become the prime minister of New  Zealand. Being the Prime Minister of New Zealand can be wonderful a job for me because I can always look on the bright side, try to do what is right and avoid the evil and bad things that is standing on my way. I would also like my people to let me know that if I'm doing something wrong or I need to fix this or maybe let me know that they don't want me to be the prime minister anymore? well that's fine if they don't like me being the Prime minister of New Zealand I'll hand my Job to someone reliable then, it's not that I want to believe what people say about me it's just that I want them to be happy I want New Zealand to be happy! Sometimes being the Prime minister can be a real struggle but who cares … if a prime minister needs a helper at her side she can get one.


6 comments:

  1. Hey Von,

    Wow great work I bet that you would be a great prim minister.

    Katelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Von!

    I agree with Katelyn - I think that you would be an excellent Prime Minister of New Zealand. You are clearly passionate about the job and committed to doing the best that you could for the country and its' people.

    You're right to note that it is a huge responsibility to be the prime minister (PM). You would have to make a number of challenging decisions but you would have an entire cabinet (group) of people who were there to help you out. The current PM of New Zealand is a man named Bill English. He recently took over from our previous PM, Mr. John Key. Mr. Key stepped down as PM in early December and everyone was shocked. They weren't expecting it, however, he decided that it was time to spend more quality time with his family. He (John Key) had been the PM for eight years and was utterly exhausted. I think that he made a brave decision.

    What do you think? Do you think that it's acceptable for a prime minister to simply resign (quit) his job or should be remain in the position until it is time for a new election? In this case John Key resigned a year before the next election so he was due to continue his role as PM for another 12 months.

    I'd love to know what you think...

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel,

    I think that a prime minister should stick to his/her Job and wait until there is a time for a new Election because to me it's surely a waste of time wanting to be the prime minister then soon or later he/she (PM) would want to give away the Job or quit.. I mean who would just give away their Job and move on? If I was John Key I would stick to my Job and wait for a another Election.

    Thanks for your comment Rachel,
    Von

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Von,

      Thank you for writing back so quickly! I really appreciate your thoughtful response. While it is a difficult job, I would also be inclined to remain in the position until the next election rolled around. It is definitely an unusual move, however, it appears that John Key's replacement, Mr Bill English, will do a very good job in his place.

      Fingers crossed!

      ~Rachel

      Delete
  4. Hey Von
    I reckon you would make a wonderful Prime Minister. Keep up the spectacular work Von!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.